Monday 25 March 2013

8 week house AND garden challenge


I don't know about you but I have really enjoyed Naomi's 6 weeks make-over challenge of her master bedroom on on her blog Design Manifest.
So there I was reading away and enjoying seeing the progress .Poor Naomi was looking more and more exhausted and the room was getting better and better.
Poor fool me, little did I know worse was on the cards for me!
Naomi only had one room to do!
 I will be facing a 8 weeks house AND garden challenge  as a lovely lady journalist wants to do a feature on the house and my business, My Aunt Agatha, at the end of May ---.Eeek!!

Aww..my house..looks lovely -right? Hahaha- nooo!
On these cleverly photographed pictures you can't see the pile of newspapers starting from ermm probably 1995 to the present day on the floor next to the bookcase....plus the pile of ..emm *old maps, some cables to start the car and an old dog blanket and some more accoutrements from God knows where* next to the front door- amongst other things..and the garden- ouch! Don't even go there  as they say ..



 A major tidy-up of the whole kaboodle here plus some frantic decent curtain making is required.
Plus some mighty inventive ideas for some of the rooms that have had a Cinderella treatment. As Naomi
says : " With a limited budget and unlimited ideas and desires, it truly was a challenge to come up with a distinctive, vibrant yet relaxing bedroom for myself" .
You can say that again !
I am cutting fabric and re-doing curtains as we speak as practically all my curtains are- too short-and - as they are mainly from charityshops , the fabric is either vintage or discontinued so I need to put my thinking cap on..
Then there is the nightmare wingchair in the living room which has a side ripped to fabric spaghetti by the cats
in spite of stern warnings.

O, well..onwards and upwards.
Wish me luck!! The clock is ticking.. gotta go people.

I will keep you on the loop!!
Have a great week!

XO

Bea

3 comments:

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Bea,
On the bright side; CONGRATULATIONS!! You have been chosen and it WILL all work out just fine. WHO has a perfect home; all the time? The ones that do are liars.
Probably with some little touch ups you will make it look 'picture' perfect. Don't strain yourself too hard for achieving a perfect scenario!
Big hug to you dear friend!
Mariette

NanaDiana said...

Oh- Good luck- I need to do a major tidy-up around here, too. I am so anxious for some Spring warm days to be able to open the house up and air it out. Good luck to both of us- xo Diana

Anonymous said...

Hi Bea, fantastic blog! I've been enjoying browsing through all your gardening adventures, tips and advice, as well as delighting in all of your delicious recipes! That bakewell tart looks amazing!
I don't suppose you would be interested in sharing this over at Glipho? We're a new social blogging site, with an active community of creative bloggers, many of whom write about gardening and share recipes themselves- I know they would absolutely love to read through and discuss your work here! If you get a second, perhaps you could take a quick look around at http://glipho.com and see what you think. You can simply import all your old posts from this blog into Glipho too, without affecting or changing anything. It's really quick and easy!

Thanks for your time, and for the thoroughly enjoyable blog. I look forward to reading more from you! Oh, and please don't hesitate to ask me any questions you may have!

All the best,

Teo