Today I wanted to show you a quick way of making some cute patch-work garden cushions to update your garden furniture. My kind neighbour next door gave me about two big bin bags full of fabric some time ago, and I had always planned to do at least something with it. And now in my new mood of tidying up, I not only fancied a tidy house, but also a tidy garden with some nice new garden cushions... This was the material I started with....
I just put the colours together that worked OK as far as I could see- like this pale lime green, the lime green with the red and white stripe, and the green fabrci with red roses on it...the yellow and white with the roses right to the right hand side of the picture was slightly discoloured so I decided to use that for the back panel.
The pale lime green fabric was not enough to make a full front panel for a cushion, so I added the strip of pale lime green and red stripes at the bottom. For the rest the front was also a bit boring, so I added a patchwork heart of the green fabric with the roses in the middle..
( bondaweb is an adhesive to bond fabrics together simply by ironing )- then stitched it
with a buttonhole stitch in red to echo the red and green theme.
You know, I wasn't really sure if I was going the right way , but what the heck, I mean - the fabric was for free so I had nothing to lose!
I still had some bobble-fringe left over , so I put the front panel right side up against the back panels with the right side up ( I did a simple pillowslip cover which is easiest to make and no hassle with zips)- then put the bobble fringe in between and stitched the whole thing together. Kercheng!
It even looks good as an indoor cushion..
But I like it best as a garden cushion....
Have a great weekend!!
P.S.- for all you people who live in the UK, have a great Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend.
..Maud's got the rosette and Millie has the Union Jack ribbon, so they want to know now when the party is starting !!Yeehah!