Friday 8 June 2012

June in the garden- come rain or shine..



 It has turned stormy and rainy in this part of the world and cold to boot as though we're starting Autumn or Fall.
 But just to remind you that summer IS really here, I would like to share a few shots of the garden before the rain set in - just before the Jubilee- a few days ago.Here is the climbing rose "Teasing Georgia " in the picture above starting to really expand on the front of the house.





Just to think I kept this rose for years in a pot as I could not decide where to put it and it only had two or three blooms a year- and look at it now!It just goes to show it's really best to put plants normally in full soil.

I wanted to tidy up the terrace in the back garden and add some colour so we could sit outside - and managed to get some lovely looking geraniums..like a raspberry ripple.


Just a lovely bit of colour in the stone urns I have..






There was also a deep velvety red geranium which I thought a lovely as well so I planted that in the back too near the statue of Flora...

I have in the past grown my own petunia's but I saw these lovely dark purple ones so planted a pot full of them for another bit of colour in the back garden..

 
And I still had some baskets hanging on the wall of the garden shed which I also filled..now I just hope it will grow enormeously and I will have mases of petunia's tumbling down.



I have some baskets at the front which I have filled with pansies which I adore..this one is in front of the kitchen window...


And the front garden- aaash- we're getting in really painful territory here..I have not been weeding there at all so it's a bit of a jungle out there..  somewhere among the Veronica's  there is an Oriental Poppy !


 
It's full and overgrown but the colour scheme I planned is working- blue, white and purple in the left hand side of the border...

...and red, yellow and pink on the right hand side..

 
In the meantime, I have to enjoy Flora and her velvet red geraniums from inside the house..

..because as soon as I step from the French windows into the garden I have this....

 
Summer in Britain!! Have a great weekend!! XOXO Bea





linking to
Thrifty Decor Chick

2 comments:

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Bea,

Oh my, we got our share of rains too. Even today we had a heavy shower around 5:00 PM. Good for the garden but tough for gardeners to get the job(s) done.
You got some lovely plants out there, so lush and so velvety indeed. Enjoy them, even if it means from behind the glass of your French doors. With the boots on standby.
Love to you,

Mariette

NanaDiana said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous pictures of your roses. I don't think I have ever seen a raspberry ripple geranium. It is beautiful. I am glad you have some rain- we need some here badly- our lawn is already starting to brown out a bit- usually that happens in August. xo Diana