Monday 18 July 2011

Colour me happy- yeah baby !

I love colour- it just lifts your spirits,. So when I was given some fold-away chairs  and a table top a friend wanted to throw away, I decided to follow my own advice and prediction for this year . Go for colour.


                                          Jonathan Berger's pink living-room
Yeah, baby !
There is a latent female Austin Powers - without the buck teeth- inside  me that just wants to live in the happy carefree sixties full of bright and cheerful colours.
Here is the before- the chairs.

And  the before- of the table top and table leg.

I used a base coat of Farrow and Ball's "Theresa's Green ".
Mainly because I had tons left  from here. Waste not, want not.
Then I did a simple bold design on table top and chairs.And made some cushions to match.


The fold-away bit of these chairs is really handy, and I have included the back of then seats in the design, so you can hang the chairs up to save space .

Here are some more pictures, I got rather carried away.

Here's the table with some Penguin mugs in the same colours.


Here's a table detail.




And here a  table close-up.


and another one.


With the weather being what it is at the moment in the UK, rain and rain more rain, I am keeping my chairs inside, but can't wait to drag them outside for the first ray of sunshine !


Have a great and colourful week!!

XOXO

Bea



linking to
Metamorphosis Monday
brag Monday
Masterpiece Monday
Bromeliad's July Link Party
Craft-o-maniac Monday
Amaze me Monday
Teatime Tuesday
Tuesdays treasures
Get your craft on
Talent Tuesday
twice owned Tuesday

wow us wednesdays
tabletop Thursday
Furniture Friday
inspiration Friday   
fancy this fridays
Annemarie's breiblog linky party 
Smile with me Saturday     
weekend wrapup     

18 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW! Just gorgeous, Bea! Made my Monday ...
Have a beautiful week.
TTFN ~
Marydon

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Oh my Bea! Just beautiful!
Kelly

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Gorgeous, Bea!! Love this hot pink and the table setting is just luxuous! I love JB's, pink living room, too...now, that takes a lot of guts!! Hugs, FABBY

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Bea,

Well,you certainly are gifted with creating the 'inside sun'! What a difference in happiness, compared by looking at the drab looking before state.
Lots of love,

Mariette

Snap said...

Bea, just wonderful! Great colors to brighten up a cloudy day. Happy Tea Day!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hello Bea,
What a fabulous post! Love your bright cheerful colour scheme. Everything looks wonderful; love the bright pink. Thanks for sharing this with Tea Time and have a delightful week.

Blessings,
Sandi

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Hello bea,
what a fabulous and pretty Pink post. Looks so happy and colorfull.
Best greetings, Johanna

Jocelyn said...

Wow what a beautiful table! I love pink, so this really is a winner in my book.

Jocelyn @
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

God's Little People said...

Dear Bea
That is just a terrific result - and I LOVE colours too!! Here in Greece you just see these outrages splashes of colours, but which seems so perfectly normal in this part of the world - it makes me really happy.
P.S. Thanks so much for your lovely words on GLP - there are huge challenges living in a different culture - particularly their treatment of animals. Luckily other nationalities (many British, American and Scandinavians) do such great work in terms of showing how to really care for animals.
xo
Joan

Charlotte said...

Wow...love the colors! They make me feel happy just looking at them:)

Charlotte

Alycia Nichols said...

Oh, wow...you really did a heck of a job on those!!! I LOVE the bright color!!! I hope the weather cooperates soon so that you can get out and enjoy them!

CNM said...

What lovely colors! And I love your tea cozy!!!

http://lessonsofanewlywed.blogspot.com/2011/07/seaside-dining.html

Anonymous said...

I'm there with you...color is wonderful. Yours brightened my morning.

At The Picket Fence said...

Hi Bea!! I absolutely love what you did with the table and chairs and those pops of color are just fantastic. Groovy baby! :-) Thanks so much for sharing it all with us at Inspiration Friday!
Vanessa

Style, Decor & More said...

Lovely blog! Great job on the tables and chairs!

I'm a new follower from the hop! Hope you'll hop by and visit my blog too!
Have a great weekend!
nancy
http://stylendecordeals.blogspot.com/

Bri@Meyouandawiener said...

This turned out awesome Bea! Love the color pallet as well. That fact that they can easily be stored is great too.

Modern Country Lady said...

Thanks everyone for the amazing, fabulous and enthusiastic feedback!
Have a great weekend.
XOXO
Bea

Be Colorful Coastal said...

Mad love for your color happy chairs. They make me happy too.
Pam @ BeColorful